A Life in Law Books: Dick Spinelli

The Spring 2010 issue of A Legal Miscellanea, A Newsletter for the Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library, features an admirable article about Dick Spinelli and his forty plus years in the legal publishing industry. The article examines Mr. Spinelli's career from the beginning of his time in the legal publishing industry in 1968 when he began with Fred B. Rothman & Co. to his current times with William S. Hein & Co., Inc. His professional development is discussed with a question and answer between Mr. Spinelli and A Legal Miscellanea. The full article, provided courtesy of the Jacob Burns Law Library, The George Washington University School of Law, can be viewed at:
http://heinonline.org/HeinDocs/DickSpinelli_ALegalMiscellanea.pdf



In the later half of the interview, Mr. Spinelli comments on the role that the "people" have played in his professional development by saying, "The people part has been the most influential and the most gratifying aspect of my tenure in our profession. Over the years I have met, spoken, worked and grown with many who had an impact on my life and my professional success. Many librarians have taken the time to "teach" me their side of the profession, and although I was not trained as a librarian or lawyer, I feel I have been accepted in the profession as a colleague."
Click here to read the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment